Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 is winding down....

I cannot say this has been a good year, but it hasn't been a bad year either. It certainly has been an interesting year.
Christmas day was spent playing with dolls before going to a friends house for Christmas dinner.

Ned contributed to the meal with potatoes Lyonnais. There was good company, excellent food, and fabulous wine of which I had too much.... food and wine! Thanks Anne Marie and Donald.

My foot continues to heal and I have started Physical Therapy. Not surprisingly I have lost a ton of muscle tone in the entire left leg. I have my work cut out for me.  Next appointment  with doctor is Tuesday and I hope to get a brace instead of having to wear the boot all the time. I do have to say I cheat in the house and just walk on my heel and outside of my foot. Slow going but I can get to the bathroom and back before I can strap myself into the boot and find a shoe with the right height heel for the other foot! I am trying to walk more without overdoing it. I have home exercises to do and I am supposed to alternate ice and heat several times a day.

Ned made chocolate pancakes this morning for breakfast; a treat we indulge in once a year. While sitting at the table we saw a family of coyotes saunter across our front yard. They looked quite well fed. I think our rabbit population is down this year. We have been seeing quite a few hawks around as well so I am hoping they are keeping the rodent population in check as well. We used to have a resident owl but I haven't heard him lately. There have been sightings as well of bob cats but I haven't seen them.

At this point I am looking forward to 2015 and the birth of twins. It will be a busy year.

I will do a recap of 2014 in a day or so.

No comments: